Alliance Française Video Contest - Rules
Clip Alliance Française in New Zealand and the Cook Islands
as part of the Alliance Française French Film Festival 2017
The Alliances Françaises network in New Zealand and the Cook Islands offers a video creation contest open to all, and invites you to imagine the promotional clip of Alliance Française in New Zealand within the framework of the Alliance Française French Film Festival.
To select the best creation, a jury chaired by José-Marie Cortès, Chief Representative of Alliance française, New-Zealand & Cook Islands, will be meeting on January 10th in Auckland.
Jury members :
• José-Marie Cortès, Chief Representative of Alliance française, New-Zealand & Cook Isl.
• Carthew Neal, New-Zealand film, television and interactive producer
• Dorothée Basel, Festival Director of the Alliance Francaise French Film Festival
About the Alliance Française in New Zealand and the Cook Islands
For 120 years, our network has devoted itself to the teaching of French as a foreign language (FLE) and to the promotion of Francophone cultures. To learn more about Alliance Française in New Zealand and the Cook Islands, we invite you to visit the following website: http://www.alliancefr.org.nz/
The winner will be informed on January 15th and revealed to the general public on March 2nd, 2017 during the opening night of the festival in Auckland.
The winner’s video will be granted a great visibility:
• In Alliance Française French Film Festival’s partner cultural venues and cinemas, before every one of its 800 screenings scheduled this year.
• On the Alliance Française French Film Festival's website and that of all the Alliances Françaises hosting the festival
• On the Facebook pages of the Alliance Française French Film Festival and of all the Alliances Françaises hosting the festival.
The winner will also be invited to the opening night of the festival in the town closest to their current place of residence. They will receive 24 complimentary single passes to be used in the city of their choice, granting them access to every screening of this festival, except for the opening nights and special events.
Terms of participation
1. The Contest is open to all.
2. Fill out the online entry form available via the following link: here.
Registration opens 23/11/20016 and will close on 09/01/2017.
3. Send your video by Wetransfer before 09/01/2017 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Formal constraints and tone
Participants can choose the form of their creation from the following techniques: Filmed image, animation or stop-motion.
The clip will focus on a fictional form, with a script and a humorous/quirky tone. It will promote the main function of Alliances Françaises, that is the teaching of French as a Foreign language.
Technical constraints and mandatory information
To be eligible, the videos must respect the following constraints:
• For Images:
Duration: 30 seconds
Aspect: 1.85:1 (16/9 ok)
Resolution: 1998px X 1080px
Title safe: 1920px X 800px
Number of images per second: 24 or 25 sequential/progressive
Debit: minimum 25Mbps
Container: .mov or .mp4 or .avi (HQ ProRes422 preferred)
Optional: color grading
• For Sound:
Sound channels: 5.1 (2ch also possible but not preferred)
Sample rate: 48kHz
Sample size: 24Bit
Loudness level: 82db LEQ
The clip must include the following slides at the end of the video:
• A first slide showing:
- "French up your life!"
- Logo Alliance Française in New Zealand
• A second slide showing:
- Clip Alliance Française in New Zealand and the Cook Islands by [First and Last Name of the participant] within the framework of the Alliance Française French Film Festival 2017. This slide should not be displayed for more than two seconds and the text appears at the bottom.
The Participants authorize the Alliances Françaises in New Zealand and the Cook Islands to exploit their video to all the different formats provided (TV, DVD, movies, Internet in particular), throughout the world and without time limit. The Participants, by the sole of their participation, authorize the Organizer to broadcast their videos during the Festival.
The Organizer reserves the right, without having to justify it, not to select any of the videos submitted to the contest.
To your cameras!